Our Extended Holiday Returns Policy
Stay tuned for this year's Holiday Shipping Guidelines!
Returns & Exchanges
Making a Return? No Sweat.
We're sorry your order didn't work out, so let us make things right. First, read through our Returns Policy below, then get the ball rollin' on your online return. Remember! Returns are always free for our domestic customers
You've got 3 simple options:
Eligibility Window:To qualify for a return, items must be received back to our Fulfillment Center within 30 days of your original order shipment date (as shown on your shipping confirmation email). Exchanges must be received within 90 days.
Items Not Eligible for Refund or Store Credit:
- Items marked as final sale.
- Free gifts or promotional items with retail value.
- Returns received in damaged/worn condition.
- Returns received after 90 days of the original order shipment date.
- Shipping charges, except in cases where we have made a shipping error.
Items Eligible for Store Credit Only:Returns received by ModCloth between 31 and 90 days after the original order shipment date (as shown on your shipping confirmation email). Late returns are not eligible for the $5 bonus offer. One-of-a-kind items (including vintage) are returnable for store credit only.
- Swimwear: Must be returned with hygienic liner intact. Swimwear received without the hygienic liner is non-returnable and will receive no refund or store credit.
- Shoes: Must be returned with original shoebox. Please place it inside a larger packing box or wrap it in brown paper. Shoes returned with postage stickers on the original shoebox are non-refundable and will receive no refund or store credit.
- Non-Apparel Items: Must be returned with original packaging intact, otherwise they are non-refundable and will receive no refund or store credit.
How do I return an item I received as a gift?If you received an order from ModCloth as a gift, please contact Customer Care and our team will walk you through the process.
- Gift recipients are not eligible for cash refunds or exchanges.
- Gift returns are eligible for store credit only, and unfortunately are not eligible for the $5 bonus—sorry!
What happens if I return an item that I bought on sale or used a promo code on?Coupons and discount codes are allocated across all applicable items. If you applied a coupon or discount code on the order you're returning, OR if you are returning an item purchased on sale, you'll be refunded the amount that you paid after the applied discount.
What if there was something wrong with my order?
Call us right away so we can make things right. Reach us at 888-495-9699.
APO/FPO & US Territories:
Give us a call at 888-495-9699. We'll gladly guide you through the returns process.
How to Make Your Return or Exchange:
- Step 1: Select your order, select your item(s), and let us know if you'd like to return (be sure to indicate for store credit or refund) or exchange (be sure to indicate your new different size/color/pattern).
Start Here »
- Step 2: Print your shipping label. Don't forget, returns are always free!
- Step 3: Pack it up. Place your item(s) (in unworn condition and with tags attached) and the order invoice in a securely sealed shipping package. (If you misplaced your invoice, simply go to My Account, click on your Order History, select the right order number, and print it out.)
- Step 4: Send it off. Affix your printed shipping label to your package (making sure there are no other shipping labels or barcodes on it). Jot down the tracking number so you can follow its journey.
Return your package via the US Postal Service.
For US Postal Service:
- Take your package to a US Post Office. Find locations here.
- Be aware that giving your package to a US Postal carrier or leaving it in a USPS collection box or your residential mailbox may add additional transit time and cause delays in processing your return.
Please allow 5 to 10 business days for package transit, plus an additional 5 to 7 business days for processing after receipt at our Fulfillment Center.
We'll email you once we process your return or exchange.
Please note: If you choose to pay for your own shipping instead of using the return label ModCloth provides, we strongly encourage you to insure your package. Please be aware that we cannot take responsibility for any lost or damaged packages which are not shipped with our label, and your return shipping costs cannot be reimbursed.