Returns & Exchanges
Extended Holiday Returns Policy
To help make your shopping and gifting worry-free, we're giving you some extra time to return and exchange items!
All orders placed between November 1, 2014 and January 1, 2015 must be returned and received by our Fulfillment Center by February 1, 2015 in order to receive a FULL REFUND.*
Any orders placed between November 1, 2014 and January 1, 2015 and returned and received by our Fulfillment Center between February 2-28, 2015 are eligible for STORE CREDIT only.
Any orders placed between November 1, 2014 and January 1, 2015 and returned and received by our Fulfillment Center after February 28, 2015 are not eligible for a refund, exchange or store credit.
All orders placed after January 1, 2015 qualify for our regular returns policy.
*Minus a $5.99 shipping fee when you use our shipping label. Read below for details.
Making a Return? No Sweat.
We're sorry your order didn't work out, so let us make things right. First, read through our Returns Policy, then get the ball rollin' on your online return. It's really easy.
Questions? Contact Us 24/7 »
International Return » Start a Return
or Exchange »
You've got 3 simple options:
Our US Returns & Exchanges Policy
The following policy applies to domestic orders only.
Read International Returns Info »
Eligibility Window:To qualify for a return, items must be received back to our Fulfillment Center within 30 days of your original order shipment date (as printed on your packing slip). Exchanges must be received within 90 days.
Items Not Eligible for Refund or Store Credit:
- Items marked as final sale.
- Free gifts or promotional items with retail value.
- Returns received in damaged/worn condition.
- Returns received after 90 days of the original order shipment date.
- Shipping charges, except in cases where we have made a shipping error.
Items Eligible for Store Credit Only:Returns received by ModCloth between 31 and 90 days after the original order shipment date (as printed on your packing slip). Late returns will have the $5.99 shipping fee deducted and are not eligible for the $5 bonus offer. One-of-a-kind items (including vintage) are returnable for store credit only.
- Swimwear: Must be returned with hygienic liner intact. Swimwear received without the hygienic liner is non-returnable and will receive no refund or store credit.
- Shoes: Must be returned with original shoebox. Please place it inside a larger packing box or wrap it in brown paper. Shoes returned with postage stickers on the original shoebox are non-refundable and will receive no refund or store credit.
- Non-Apparel Items: Must be returned with original packaging intact, otherwise they are non-refundable and will receive no refund or store credit.
How do I return an item I received as a gift?If you received an order from ModCloth as a gift, you can still return! We'll issue you a ModCloth store credit for the amount of the returned item(s) to your account. Please contact Customer Care to get your free shipping label.
See Full Details »
- Gift recipients are not eligible for cash refunds or exchanges.
- Gift returns are eligible for store credit only, and unfortunately are not eligible for the $5 bonus—sorry!
What if there was something wrong with my order?
Call us right away so we can make things right. Reach us 24/7 at 888-495-9699.
APO/FPO & US Territories:
Give us a call at 888-495-9699. We'll gladly guide you through the returns process.
How to Make Your Return or Exchange:
- Step 1: Select your order, select your item(s), and let us know if you'd like to return (be sure to indicate for store credit or refund) or exchange (be sure to indicate your new different size/color/pattern).
Start Here »
- Step 2: Print your shipping label. If you've selected 'Store Credit' or 'Exchange,' it's free! If you selected 'Refund,' we'll deduct $5.99 from your refund amount to cover the shipping fees.
- Step 3: Pack it up. Place your item(s) (in unworn condition and with tags attached) and the order invoice in a securely sealed shipping package. (If you misplaced your invoice, simply go to My Account, click on your Order History, select the right order number, and print it out.)
- Step 4: Send it off. Affix your printed shipping label to your package (making sure there are no other shipping labels or barcodes on it). Jot down the tracking number so you can follow its journey.
Return your package via the US Postal Service or FedEx.
For US Postal Service:
- Take your package to a US Post Office. Find locations here.
- Be aware that giving your package to a US Postal carrier or leaving it in a USPS collection box or your residential mailbox may add additional transit time and cause delays in processing your return.
- Take your package to a FedEx store. Find locations here.
- Be aware that leaving your package in a FedEx drop box or giving it to a FedEx Ground driver may add additional transit time and cause delays in processing your return.
Please allow 5 to 10 business days for package transit, plus an additional 5 to 7 business days for processing after receipt at our Fulfillment Center.
We'll email you once we process your return or exchange.
Please note: If you choose to pay for your own shipping instead of using the return label ModCloth provides, we strongly encourage you to insure your package. Please be aware that we cannot take responsibility for any lost or damaged packages which are not shipped with our label, and your return shipping costs cannot be reimbursed.